Monday 25 July 2016

OAU Saga: The Virtual Rescue

by Towobola Damilola (Toblan Spice)


The crow of a cock woke me to reality from a dream of resumption. I stretched and dragged myself out of bed with a short prayer; I actually murmured the few words. I had my small old radio all by my side wobbling as I dozed off the night after a broadcast with high hope of getting pleasant news to elate me from boredom of engulfed home alone.

An industrial revolt had struck my college and we were sent home for what they termed safety rather than cowardice. The days of waiting reminded me of the biblical Israelis sojourn in the desert; lost, tired and weary. Alas, the wait was more than that of the Isreali as it lasted more than a fold; about three chicken hatched chicks. It was getting much more devastating as I worried daily until one faithful night Virtual Games came to the rescue.
Least I forgot I am not a snob but was more dedicated to exploration which Edison Software Development Centre had in stock; I forgo the green bottles and the glass mugs overflowing with foams.

The Virtual space was a consolation from my school troubles. Explosion in the number of creative new games that my mobile facilitated was a key to my immense learning exposure.  My quest knew no bounds making me pedagogic and the experience was enthralling with the advanced location sensing capabilities such as the GPS Satellite Positioning in my mobile which transcended place and time.

Read more about Geolocation games for city development

The engaging and motivation from the game made learning a fun like adventure. Adventure because it was a combination of action, historical and role playing experience. The virtual visit to the museum was fascinating and near-reality as I saw lots of ancient artifacts. Yes, the opportunity to pick a role and explore the different possibilities the world affords for my career was quite exciting. (Chuckles) I avoided the role of a surgeon because of the fear that buckled in me holding a surgical knife like Ben Carson.

My experience was fun; my days of waiting for Mr. President’s intervention sprouted with my newly discovered companion in the virtual Space. The nearest future will be hugely electrifying when location-based games will contribute to Knowledge in my Country. Welcome to the Senate Tower Prof. Elujoba


No comments:

Post a Comment