Wednesday 11 May 2016

FRESHERS TRAVAILS -Chapter 1 (The Journey to Great IFE)




By Damilola Towobola (Toblan SPICE)

The news of my admission to Obafemi Awolowo University was greeted with a skelewu dance step as I gave my testimony in church. I was just handling the microphone for the first time so I fidgeted like the Students’ Union which has power administrators like PHCN in its kitty. The union was a toy in their hands.

Journeying down to ife was a bit nervous as I was leaving home for a place I don’t know people; a new world entirely and completely new faces. The bus boarded was synonymous to the Buhari Train of Change but it reached its destination; hopefully Nigeria also will reach Canaan land with its snail like economy.

Balls of sweat covered my face coupled with the heat as a result of the overcrowded bus with various perfumes, names which I cannot fathom. I compensated myself with the sign post of over-speeding can lead to death and hung on to fate. Fast asleep in a bus that seems like a journey to Kano, the scream of Campus woke me from my Jonah like gesture.

Highlighting from the bus was a great joy in my heart but my bit skipped for a seconds and my bones cracked like Pako biscuit of those days; Great ife was typically beautiful and comparable with Harvard university. No wonder it is said to be Africa’s most beautiful campus though am tempted to say it is most beautiful campus in the world because I have not travelled off my small community of Dalemo before. My education was a chain-like structure with me attending Kogboregbe Primary School and Kogboregbe Secondary, I was the best student in the school no doubt and I have made it to Ife to study so we are on the same pedestrian.
Paid AD
I boarded the bread like bus called "town igboro" which refused to take us down to the hall as his business was moving so fast like Seun Risky’s Toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment