Saturday 21 May 2016

THIS TIME

The things I never thought I could do,
I will try doing  them this time,
The poems I never thought I could scribble,
I will scribble them this time,
The stories I never thought I could read,
I will read them this time,
The history I never thought I could write,
I will write it this time,
The smile I never thought I could give,
I will give it to my heart's content this time,
The heights I never thought I could scale,
I will scale them this time,
The invincible walls of challenges I never thought I could surmount,
I will surmount them this time,
The friends I never thought I could have,
I will have them this time,
The hatred that burned with passion that I never thought I could let go of,
My heart will feel it no more,
I will let go of it this time,
The words I never thought I could utter,
I will utter them this time,
The thoughts I never thought I could have,
I will think them this time,
The tears of joy and gladness I never thought I could shed,
I will shed them this time without restraints,
The love I never thought I could feel,
I will feel it this time till it consumes my entire being,
The father's touch of love I have solemnly missed,
I will experience it again this time,
The mother's embrace I thought was lost,
I will find it again this time,
The brother's kind words I thought I could not hear,
I will hear them again this time,
The sisters' screams of happiness I thought I could not hear,
I will hear them again this time,
The sweet words I never thought I could whisper,
I will whisper them yet again,
The 'bonnes choses' I never thought I could achieve,
I will achieve them better this time,
The junk I never thought I could dispose,
I will dispose it this time,
The shoutouts I never thought I could make,
I will make them this time,
The naughtiness I never thought I could show,
I will show it to all who cares to see this time,
The "bonté" I never thought I could show,
I will show it to the world once again,
The things I never thought I could do,
I will do them this time,
And when you see me,
You will smile and say,
I did it,
I really did it,
I did it indeed,
Then you will be proud of me and only wish,
Wish that you treated me better,
Because now I am the best thing,
The best thing you never will have,
Not now or in the many long years to come,
And then you will only wish.....

Olayinka Olaseni
18/05/2016.

**bonnes choses- good things
**bonité- goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment